Grandma's Kitchen: May 13, 2016
If you have recipes you would like to share, recipes you'd lke to find or any questions regarding published recipes, send your inquiries to
920 Powell St. N., Big Lake, MN 55309
1 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, and mix well.
1 cup flour blended with 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1 teaspoon soda.
2 cups oatmeal
2 cups Corn Flakes
1 cup salted peanuts
Mix well and drop by teaspoons on a greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
FRIED ONION RINGS
1. Slice onions very thin, about 1/8 inch
2. Dip in flour and then in a frothy beaten egg
3. Dip in extra fine cracker crumbs
4. Fry onion rings in deep fat or oil heated to 425 degrees for 3 minutes. Drain onion rings and serve.
1965 MACARONI AND CHEESE
One can cheddar cheese soup
1/2 cup milk
1. Cook 1/4 cup chopped onion in butter till golden brown.
2. Blend in cheddar cheese soup; add 1/2 cup milk.
3. Add this mixture to 3 cups cooked macaroni. Mix well. Serve.
Serves 4 to 5
3 cups, rhubarb, diced
1/2 cup water
1-1/2 cups sugar
1pkg strawberry gelatin
Cook all ingredients. Then put in Scalded jars, and use lids and boli!ng
Water bath kettle to seal, or clean jar rims and use paraffin; it is your choice.
TUNA CHIP CASSEROLE
1 or 2 cans tuna, drained and flaked
1 can peas, drained (reserve the juice)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk (use the liquid from the drained peas for part of the milk)
1-1/2 cups crushed potato chips
1. Combine tuna, peas, soup and milk. Mix gently and well.
2. Put into a 1-1/2 qt casserole. Sprinkle the potato chips in a border around the casserole (I just put them over the top of the casserole).
3.Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes or until hot.
Makes 4 servings