Wisconsin companies plan to create 1,500 jobs
MADISON – Thirteen companies in the New North region of Wisconsin are expected to create nearly 1,500 new jobs after signing agreements with the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) in 2017 to expand their operations.
The companies include U.S. Venture in Appleton, which plans to hire more than 200 people as part of its expansion; Masters Gallery Foods Inc. in Sheboygan County, which will create 150 jobs; Brakebush Brothers Inc. in Marquette County, which expects to hire 219 new workers, and Cintas Corp. in Outagamie County, which expects to create 60 new jobs.
“2017 was a record year for economic development in Wisconsin, and a significant amount of that activity took place in the New North Region of the state,” said WEDC Secretary and CEO Mark R. Hogan, referring to the regional economic development organization that encompasses 18 counties in northeastern Wisconsin. “These expansion projects will open up new opportunities for workers throughout the region.”
Other companies in the region that are expanding and adding jobs include:
- Forefront Dermatology, Manitowoc, 241 jobs
- MilliporeSigma, Sheboygan Falls, 175 jobs
- Nestle Dreyer’s Ice Cream Co., Appleton, 100 jobs
- Johnsonville Sausage, Sheboygan Falls, 98 jobs
- Amerequip, Kiel, 75 jobs
- La Force Inc., Green Bay, 71 jobs
- DOWCO Inc., Manitowoc, 37 jobs
- Schwabe North America, Green Bay, 35 jobs
- Heartland Technology Group Inc., Little Chute, 19 jobs