Knaus Cheese explosion sparks fire, injures one
ROSENDALE - Multiple fire departments were called to Knaus Cheese, N5722 Fond du Lac County C, just after 7 a.m. Friday to extinguish a fire caused by an explosion.
According to a news release from the Fond du Lac County Sheriff's Office, employee Travis Klotzbach was cutting an empty 55-gallon barrel with a cutting torch when the explosion occurred, causing injury to his legs, back and face.
Klotzbach was transported by ThedaStar to ThedaCare Hospital, in Neenah.
The fire was contained to the auto shop portion of Knaus Cheese, and did result in smoke and fire damage, according to the release. It was extinguished by the Lamartine Fire Department, with the assistance of other area departments.