Graziers Network Conference
The Northwest Wisconsin Graziers Network, UW-Extension, NRCS and LCO-Extension will host its annual winter conference March 5 at the Lac Courtes Oreilles Ojibwa Community College (LCO College). The conference runs from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Registration and the trade show will start at 8:30 a.m.
The agenda will include the following topics:
· Holistic Animal Health: Connecting Soil, Animal and Human Health — Dr. Susan Beal, DVM, Laughing Oak Farm, Pennsylvania, works in animal therapy and pasture-based ecology, part Native-American
· Soil Health / Microbiology Related to Grazing — Justin Morris, NRCS, Madison, worked for nine years in rangeland and tame pasture management in Montana, Utah, and Oregon
· Calving Issues on Pasture — Dr. Abagail Beaver, DVM or Dr. Ed Metcalf, DVM, Leading Edge Veterinary Services, Hayward
· Medicinal Plants for Livestock — Dr. Susan Beal, DVM
· Grazing Network Panel, Survey Results, Future Planning — Otto Wiegand, Lynn Johnson and Randy Gilbertson, NW Wis Graziers Network
The conference will be held in the Pipestone Conference Room at the LCO College, 13380 W. Trepania Rd., Hayward.
Advance registration for the Conference is $20 and includes a Native American lunch, snacks and materials. Registration fees are due by Tuesday, March 1. Late registration is $30.
For more information or to register, contact UW Ag Agents Otto Wiegand or Kevin Schoessow at Spooner 715-635-3506, Amber Marlow at LCO College 715-634-4790 x156, or Randy Gilbertson at NW Graziers 715-520-2112 or Lynn Johnson 715-268-8778.