Spring Graziers conference set for March 3
LUCK - The Northwest Wisconsin Graziers Network and UW-Extension will hold its annual spring conference from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. March 3 in Luck, WI.
The event will be held at the West Denmark Parish Hall, 2492 170th St., one mile outside of the village of Luck in Polk County. Registration and the trade show will start at 8:30 am..
This year's conference will be of interest to new farmers, part-time or full-time operators, low-income startups, graziers or non-graziers. The agenda topics are include:
- Land as Your Legacy - Mike Durand, President and owner of Durand Financial Inc. Transition planning for the next generation of graziers and land stewardship.
- How to raise livestock without owning land and how to grow perennial forage (pasture) for other livestock owners - Robert Bauer, Grazing Broker, Badgerland RC&D.
- Importance of Forage Quality in Grazing Management – Dr. Yoana Newman, UW-Extension Forages Specialist, UW-River Falls, and Carmen Monson, Nutritionist, Monson Consulting, Centuria. An NIR forage analysis instrument will be demonstrated.
- Panel Discussion – Ways to Get Started in Grazing – Robert Bauer, Vance Haugen, Lynn Johnson, Eric McKinley and Jayce DenHoed.
- How Managed Grazing of Livestock Benefits the Land and Your Profitability – Mike Miles, Livestock Farmer.
Advance registration is $20 and is due by February 27, which includes lunch and materials. Late registration is $30. For more information or to register, contact UW-Extension Ag Agent, Kevin Schoessow at 715-635-3506, or NW Graziers members Lynn Johnson at 715-268-8778, Randy Gilbertson at 715-520-2112 or Otto Wiegand 715-416-0513.