Pest Management update meeting series scheduled for November
MADISON - Mark your calendars for the upcoming University of Wisconsin-Extension Pest Management Update meetings scheduled Nov. 6-10, 2017 at various locations around the state.
Presentation topics include pest management information for Wisconsin field and forage crops. Speakers include Mark Renz, UW-Extension weed scientist at UW-Madison, Damon Smith, UW-Extension plant pathologist at UW-Madison, Dan Heider UW-Madison IPM specialist and Bryan Jensen, UW-Extension entomologist at UW-Madison.
Meetings will run for three hours and will be in either the morning or afternoon, depending on location. Morning meetings will begin promptly at 9 a.m. and run to 12 p.m. Afternoon meetings will begin at 1 p.m. and conclude at 4 p.m.
The focus of the first two hours provide emphasis on research updates and important highlights from the 2017 field season. The second session will be an interactive diagnostic troubleshooting exercise based on issues observed in the 2017 field season.
A packet of information will be supplied to all registered participants. The packet includes handouts and a copy of the 2018 Pest Management in Wisconsin Field crops (A3646) guide.
Please register with the host agent at least one week prior to the meeting at the location you wish to attend. Please attend the meeting location at which you registered. Each meeting in the series is a separate county-based event and host agents cannot interchange registrant fees or meal counts.
Dates, meeting locations, and registration contact information are:
- Nov. 6, 1 p.m.- 4 p.m. — Marshfield Agricultural Research Station, 2611 Yellowstone Dr., Marshfield. Contact: Richard Halopka, UW-Extension Clark County at (715) 743-5121.
- Nov. 7, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. — Lake Hallie Eagles Club, 2588 Hallie Rd., Chippewa Falls. Contact: Jerry Clark, UW-Extension Chippewa County at (715) 726-7950.
- Nov. 8, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. — Belmont Inn & Suites, 103 West Mound View Avenue, Belmont. Contact: Kory Stalsberg, UW-Extension Grant County at (608) 723-2125.
- Nov. 8, 1 p.m.-4 p.m. — Holiday Inn Express Janesville, 3100 Wellington Place (I-90 and Hwy 14, Janesville. Contact: Nick Baker, UW-Extension Rock County at (608) 757-5698.
- Nov. 9, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.: — UW-Fond du Lac, Rm 113 University Center, 400 University Drive, Fond du Lac. Contact: Loretta Ortiz-Ribbing, UW-Extension Fond du Lac County, at (920) 929-3171.
- Nov. 9, 1 p.m.-4 p.m. — Liberty Hall, 800 Eisenhower Dr., Kimberly. Contact: Kevin Jarek, UW-Extension Outagamie County at (920) 832-512
- Nov. 10, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. — Jake’s Northwoods 1132 Angelo Rd., Sparta. Contact: Bill Halfman, UW-Extension Monroe County at (608) 269-8722.
Registration fees at each location may vary, but will be around $50 which includes access to the packets, refreshments and 3 hours of CEU credit.