Celebrate National Ice Cream Month with free ice cream at Jackson County Farmers Market
JACKSON COUNTY - It's hard to frown when you have an ice cream cone in your hand. Ice cream is one of those things that just makes everything better. It instantly creates smiles and brings people together.
July is National Ice Cream month. On Thursday, July 12, bring the family and get free ice cream at the Jackson County Farmers Market from 2-6 p.m. on Diploma Drive (by the Lunda Community Center), Black River Falls. Nothing beats the summer heat like a cool ice cream treat. Sponsored by the Jackson County Dairy Promotion Committee.
Wisconsin ice cream can be enjoyed at a number of Jackson County venues. Enjoy Cedar Crest ice cream at Mocha Mouse and Tastee Treet, Chocolate Shoppe ice cream at The Merchant General Store on Main Street, and locally sourced ice cream at Hansen’s IGA, Culver’s and Kwik Trip.
Surprise someone with ice cream
Surprise friends at home or coworkers in the office. Bring a friend to a local ice cream shop and buy ice cream for the people in line.
Deliver ice cream to deserving recipients in your community (teachers, first responders, newsmakers, etc.).
Encourage people to show two friends, family, neighbors and loved ones they care with a surprise ice cream delivery. Then challenge the recipients to Scoop It Forward to two more.
Post the moment's photo on social using #ScoopItForward and @AmericasDairyland.
Fun ice cream facts
- It takes 12 pounds (1.5 gallons) of whole milk to make one gallon of ice cream.
- Everyone likes ice cream! 86% of home freezers hold a container of a favorite ice cream. On average, we buy about 40 pints of ice cream per year.
- Vanilla is America's favorite flavor, followed closely by chocolate, strawberry, chocolate chip and butter pecan.
- The ice cream sundae is a true Wisconsin Original, invented in Two Rivers, Wisconsin in 1881. Originally, sundaes were only sold on Sundays!
- Culvers makes their frozen custard with milk from 25 Wisconsin dairy farms families.