June Dairy Month recipe contest set
Mark your calendars and start looking over your recipes! The 58th annual June Dairy Month Recipe Contest will be held on Wednesday, June 26 in Loyal and this year’s theme features “Christmas Holiday Cookies”.
The contest will be held at Loyal City Hall with registration running 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. and the program starting at 7:30 p.m. This event is sponsored by the Clark County Dairy Promotion Committee and the public is invited to participate and/or attend. This year’s chairperson is Rhonda Witte, the 2018 winner.
The top 10 winners will take home over $200 in prizes and all contestants will receive a dairy promotion gift. The contest rules are:
- Anyone residing in Clark County may enter.
- The recipe must include at least two generous portions of dairy products.
- Entries must be made from scratch and you must bake and bring a full batch of cookies (whatever the recipe states i.e. 3 dozen).
- Circle the dairy products on your recipe.
- Eggs, Cool Whip, and margarine are not dairy products.
- Recipes must be typed or neatly written. Give complete directions, state use of utensils necessary, and include approximate number of servings.
- The name, address, and telephone number of the contestant should NOT be on the recipe. When entries are received at the contest a number will be assigned so the recipe and product are judged without a name.
- Contestants must enter their own recipe and must be present for entire program. No exceptions.
- All recipes become Clark County Dairy Promotion Committee property and will not be returned. The committee also reserves the right to publicize any recipe entered.
- The entries will be judged on flavor, use of dairy products, ease of preparation, clear directions, appearance, and uniqueness.
- The overall winner will serve as the contest chairperson for next year.