Wisconsin youth perform well in World Dairy Expo fitting contest
A number of Wisconsin youth were among the 34 contestants in the ninth annual World Dairy Expo (WDE) Youth Fitting Contest on Sept. 30 in Madison.
Contestants came from 12 states, two Canadian Provinces and Germany, according to a WDE news release. Ranging in age from 14 to 21, these participants were allotted one hour to prepare an animal to show-ready quality.
Top finishers in the Intermediate Divisions, Haley Beukema, New Richmond, Wis., and Dillon Freeman, Bremen, Ind., and second place finishers in the Senior Divisions, Emily Mikel, Stafford, N.Y., and Austin Nauman, Norwalk, Wis., received clippers sponsored by Wahl Clipper & Lister Shearing. Lisa Cramer, Uplengen, Germany, and Grant Fremstead, Westby, Wis., winners of the Senior Divisions, were awarded clippers from Clipper Parts & Repair.
Other awards included neck medallions and cash prizes to the top five finishers, compliments of Budjon Farms, Kelly Reynolds, the Richard Klossner Family, LOWE Equipment Attachments and Y-Tex Corporation.
Youth Fitting Contest placings
- Haley Beukema, New Richmond, Wis.
- Mallory Rhodes, Millport, N.Y.
- Sydney Lamb, College Grove, Tenn.
- Brooke Hammann, Barron, Wis.
- Mariah Eichenberg, Fort Atkinson, Wis.
- Dillon Freeman, Bremen, Ind.
- Jack Achen, Lakin, Kan.
- Colton Brandel, Lake Mills, Wis.
- Alek Krueger, Hazel Green, Wis.
- Taylor Fester, Grove City, Minn.
- Lisa Cramer, Uplengen, Germany
- Emily Mikel, Stafford, N.Y.
- Avery Kotlarczyk, Kent, Ill.
- Hannah Nelson, Ellsworth, Wis.
- Elizabeth Stoltzfus, Berlin, Penn.
- Grant Fremstead, Westby, Wis.
- Austin Nauman, Norwalk, Wis.
- Trevor Tuman, Arlington, Minn.
- Ryan Lawton, Newark Valley, N.Y.
- Dylan Brantner, Evans City, Penn.