Crisis Management Training, Jan. 26
Waupun — Be proactive and prepared in time of crisis.
A crisis training workshop is being held exclusively for active dairy farm owners,
managers or other key farm team members on Thursday, January 26, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., at Foremost Farms USA, E10889 Penny Ln, Wisconsin Dells.
The trainer is Jane Dukes, of MorganMyers.
As a former broadcast journalist and veteran of McDonald's, this Crisis Management expert, Jane Dukes, is well-versed in hands-on crises management throughout the food system. Se has first-hand experience through management of food tampering issues, a lawsuit brought against McDonald's for "hot" coffee, a listeria outbreak and subsequent product recalls, and several on-farm dairy animal welfare crises.
Crisis Management training will equip dairy farmers with the business and management strategies needed to enhance a farm's response and interaction with the community and media in time of a farm crisis. Having a crisis communications plan in place is key to business sustainability, brand protection, and vital to successfully overcoming challenges with an on-farm incident.
The training is devoted to helping farmers prepare for a crisis before it happens. To be both proactive and prepared as a farm business, attendees will:
- Identify and rank potential crises and lay a foundation or a crisis preparedness plan
- Consider and identify the farm's crisis response team
- Prepare and anticipate a multitude of decisions that must be made immediately by the farm
- Learn "what" and "how" information should be communicated during crisis
- Prepare and practice key messages around potential crises scenarios
- Understand what you can do as a farm owner or manager to mitigate or avoid future farm crises
By the end of the training, attendees will have a plan in place to guide them through an on-farm crisis and identify best management practices when they return home to the farm.
Member registration rate is $125/person/session; non-member registration rate is $250/person/session.
Registration fee covers workshop, materials and lunch.