Crop production and management meetings
Madison — The Department of Agronomy will offer Crop Production and Management Meetings at eight locations during January of 2017. Joe Lauer, Dan Undersander and Shawn Conley will present the latest information on hybrid/variety performance, an analysis and discussion of last year's growing season, and updated recommendations for field crop production.
The registration fee includes a meal and materials. Those interested should pre-register with the host agent. A “walk-in” fee will be charged to those who have not preregistered. Additional information packets will be available for $18 each.
Certified Crop Advisor CEU credits have been requested (3.0 hours in Crop Management). Below is a list of topics, meeting sites, dates and times.
2016 Wisconsin Hybrid Corn Performance Trials - Grain and Silage (A3653)
2016 Wisconsin Soybean Variety Test Results (A3654)
2016 Perennial Forage Variety Update for Wisconsin (A1525)
Winter wheat varieties for grain in Wisconsin - 2016 (A3868)
NCSRP SCN Sampling Publication
Agronomy Advice articles
Wisconsin Crop Improvement Association updates
- Forage quality in 2016
- Flood damage to fields
- Quality losses during harvesting
- Why was 2016 so productive for corn?
- Corn seed treatment performance
- What is the best maturity to grow on your farm?
- Soybeans and Small Grains
- Characterizing the Soybean Yield Gap in WI and Across the US Soybean Belt
- Soybean Yield Response to ILeVO and Reduced Seeding Rates
Locations, dates and times
- Janesville, Tuesday, Jan. 3 at 12:00
- Madison, Wednesday, Jan. 4 at 7:30 am
- Fond du Lac, Wednesday, Jan. 4 at 12:00
- Kimberly, Thursday, Jan. 5 at 7:30 am
- Wausau, Thursday, Jan. 5 at 12:00
- Eau Claire, Friday, Jan. 6 at 7:30 am
- Sparta, Friday, Jan. 6 at 12:00
- Belmont, Monday, Jan. 9 at 12:00