Badger Swine Symposium scheduled for Nov. 4
The University of Wisconsin-Extension Swine Team and Wisconsin Pork Association (WPA) invite pork producers and industry to attend the 2016 Badger Swine Symposium.
This year’s event will be held on Friday, Nov. 4 at the UW-Platteville Pioneer Farm – Ag Technology Center, at 29200 University Farm Rd., Platteville. Registration will begin at 9:30 a.m. and the program will start at 10 a.m. Lunch will be provided.
This year’s symposium includes the following topics and speakers:
- Common Swine Audit/PQA Site Assessments: How do they work together? – Dave Pyburn, DVM, VP of Science and Technology, National Pork Board
- What’s Up with the Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD)? – Dave Pyburn, DVM, VP of Science and Technology, NPB
- Navigating Attributes of Niche Pork Production – Jim Magolski, Coleman Natural Pork
- National Pork Board and WPA Updates – Dave Pyburn, DVM, VP of Science and Technology, NPB, and Tammy Vaassen, Executive Vice President, WPA
- Rethinking Small Grains: Maintaining Pig Health and Performance while Reducing Antibiotic Use – Pete Lammers, UW-Platteville
- Evaluating a Probiotic in Weaned Pig Diets – UW-Platteville Animal Science Students
- Is Your Trailer Ready for Pigs? – Kory Stalsberg, UW-Extension Grant County Dairy/Livestock Educator
- Where Do I Find a Veterinarian for my Swine Enterprise? – Lyssa Seefeldt, UW-Extension Swine Team
The Badger Swine Symposium is free to attend with sponsorship from the animal sciences departments at UW-Madison, Platteville, and River Falls; UW-Extension Swine Team; Wisconsin Pork Association, and the Pork Checkoff. If you plan to attend the event, please RSVP by Oct. 28 to Wisconsin Pork Association by calling 1-800-822-7675. Online registration is also available athttp://www.wppa.org/badgerswine/.