As temps rise, so do AC costs. Here's where to get help paying the bills
As temperatures soar in the Valley, residents are tempted to stay indoors and keep cool.
Rising temperatures mean rising utility bills. And for those with a broken air-conditioner, high temperatures can be deadly.
But what are your options if you don't have the money to pay your bill or make repairs?
Organizations like the Arizona Community Action Association can connect residents with agencies that provide financial assistance. Also, many cities and counties have assistance programs.
Phoenix residents can make an appointment to discuss financial assistance services with caseworkers at three centers:
- John F. Long Family Services Center, 3454 N. 51st Ave., 602-262-6510.
- Sunnyslope Family Services Center, 914 W. Hatcher Road, 602-495-5229.
- Travis L. Williams Family Services Center, 4732 S. Central Ave., 602-534-4732.
Glendale residents can seek assistance through the city's Community Action Program, 623-930-2460.
Mesa residents can seek help from agencies for help paying bills or making repairs:
- Arizona Community Action Association, 602-604-0640.
- Community Action Human Resources Agency, 520-466-1112.
- The Low Income Energy Conservation Program, 480-833-9200, ext. 251.
- Mesa Community Action Network, Inc., 480-833-9200.
If residents live outside of Phoenix, Mesa and Glendale, they can receive assistance from Maricopa County with utility deposits or payments.
- Avondale CAP Office, 328 W. Western Ave., 855-204-7797 or 623-333-2703.
- Buckeye CAP Office, 602-506-1111.
- AZCEND Cap Office, 345 S. California St., Chandler, 480-963-1423 or 480-892-5331.
- Foothills Food Bank & Resource Center, 6038 E Hidden Valley Dr., Cave Creek, 480-488-1145.
- Gila Bend CAP Office, 202 N. Euclid St., 928-683-6502.
- Guadalupe CAP Office, 9241 S. Avenida del Yaqui, 480-730-3093.
- Surprise CAP Office, 12425 W. Bell Road, 623-222-4673.
- Peoria CAP Office, 8335 W. Jefferson St., 623-979-3911.
- Tempe Community Action Agency, 2146 E. Apache Blvd., 480-422-8922.
- Tolleson CAP Office, 9555 W. Van Buren St., 623-936-2760.
- Wickenburg CAP Office, 255 N Washington St., 928-684-7894.
- Scottsdale CAP Office, 7700 E. Roosevelt St., 480-312-2323.
Ask your utility company
APS can provide assistance to customers through its limited income and Project SHARE programs.
SRP customers can seek assistance with the company's customer resource counselors, Project SHARE and Arizona Community Action Association.
READ MORE ON #HERETOHELPAZ: