Learn about trade agreements, interest rates, supply and demand at Compeer Financial swine outlook meetings
SUN PRAIRIE – Compeer Financial will host a series of Swine Outlook Meetings, set for June 19 - 21 throughout Compeer Financial's territory. Attendees will hear and discuss topics including supply and demand, trade agreements and interest rates, as well as how industry activity outside farmers’ control impacts their business.
Swine Outlook Meetings
- Rochester – Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 10:00 am – Noon
- Rochester International Event Center, 7333 Airport View Dr SW, Rochester, MN
- Fairmont – Wednesday, June 20, 2018, 10:00 am – Noon
- Holiday Inn Fairmont, 1201 Torgerson Dr, Fairmont, MN 56031
- Mankato – Wednesday, June 20, 2018, 2:30 – 4:00 pm
- Courtyard by Marriott, 901 Raintree Rd, Mankato, MN
- Sycamore – Thursday, June 21, 2018, 2:30 – 4:00 pm
- DeKalb County Farm Bureau, 1350 W Prairie Dr, Sycamore, IL
Compeer Financial’s Swine Lending team, and Bill Moore, Vice President of Asset Liability Management, will discuss what’s on the horizon for the pork industry and how it will likely impact swine operations.
Meat supplies and market volatility: Large supplies of pork, beef, and poultry are impacting the meat industry, resulting in increased volatility and dependence on growing U.S. and export pork markets. Kent Bang will share his point of view on upcoming changes and challenges and offer guidance on how to keep your business financially strong during these turbulent times.
Global economics and the pork industry: The U.S. pork industry is currently experiencing one of the longest recoveries in history. But with the global economy and trade situations rapidly changing, what will the last half of 2018 hold? Can Midwestern pork producers remain competitive? Bill Moore will provide insights on the United States’ largest trading partners (Mexico, Japan, Korea, Canada, China) and competitors (E.U., Canada, Brazil), and what the changing economic landscape might mean for your operation.
Register at Compeer.com/PorkOutlook.