Beyoncé/Jay-Z joint tour news posted prematurely
Well, we haven't seen the Beyhive this worked up since Beyoncé posted her veiled pregnancy reveal photo on Instagram last year.
On Monday, the singer's official Facebook page and the Ticketmaster site briefly posted the news that she and husband Jay-Z will embark on a second "On the Run" tour together, beginning July 30 in Philadelphia. Then moments later, the tour dates were gone.
For now, fans are pondering the fate of the Lemonade-spiller, preparing their finances in case the couple actually does announce tour dates ... and poking a little fun at themselves for letting Beyoncé run their world.
A sampling of the reaction:
Thank you for your sacrifice
In a NSFW post, Twitter user @clearlyiconic expressed gratitude to the "intern" who botched the tour date announcement. "Beyoncé might let you go but I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate you. Thank you for warning us to get our bank accounts ready."
Well, that escalated quickly
The posts may have only been published for a few minutes before someone caught the mistake, but it was already too late. "Ambulances have been called and wigs have already been snatched," BET Music pointed out.
Fear the wrath of Blue Ivy
"I know Blue Ivy cussing somebody out" over the mistake @bronze_bombSHEL speculated. And there's reason to fear the couple's 6-year-old daughter: Remember when she told her superstar parents to chill at the Grammys — and they complied?
The real reason for the joint tour
Twitter user @jtnghlee has a theory as to why Bey and Jay are touring together again: So she can keep an eye on him and avoid any more Beckys. Tiffany Haddish already told us what happens when someone gets too close to Jay for Bey's comfort.