The Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) is inviting Wisconsin dairy producers who are interested in serving the state's dairy industry to submit a nomination to represent their district as a Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board (WMMB) director.
DATCP oversees the nomination and election process. Eight out of 25 districts are currently up for election. Those districts and the counties represented are:
· District 3 — Lincoln, Oneida, Price, Taylor counties
· District 6 — Chippewa, Eau Claire counties
· District 9 — Shawano, Waupaca counties
· District 12 — Portage, Waushara, Wood counties
· District 15 — Adams, Juneau, Monroe counties
· District 18 — Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Sheboygan, Washington, Waukesha counties
· District 21 — Crawford, Vernon counties
· District 24 — Dane, Jefferson counties
To qualify, a nominee must be an active dairy producer who sells milk into commercial channels and lives in the represented district up for election. Each potential candidate must acquire at least five signatures from active dairy producers within the district, submit a completed nomination form, and have the 'Affidavit of Eligibility' certification requirement notarized. Nominations must be postmarked by April 1, 2016.
Producers who are interested in serving as a director can contact the Market Orders Program Coordinator at 608-224-5116 for a nomination form or access an electronic copy on the DATCP market order board web page at http://datcp.wi.gov/About/Boards_and_Councils/Marketing_Boards or at www.wmmb.com/elections.