GRAY SUMMIT, MO
A select group of salespeople from across the U.S. recently participated in an intense, four-day Dairy Science 301 training program at the Purina Animal Nutrition Center in Gray Summit, MO.
Representing Wisconsin were Christine McFarland and Stephanie Nagel.
Participants received in-depth training on calf, heifer and cow health, nutrition and management.
Participants were also given behind-the-scenes tours of the Purina Animal Nutrition Dairy Facility. Students participated in these informative sessions:
· Full Potential Calf Feeding and Management Training
· Heifer Evaluations Program
· Heifer Nutrition and Management
· Dairy Reproduction Workshop
· Transition Cow Health Workshop
· Troubleshooting Workshops
· Blood Analysis for Nutrition Evaluation
· Lameness Evaluation
· Water Quality workshop
· Evaluated Transition Cow Case Studies
· Develop and Fine Tune Diets
· Lactating Cow Nutrient Responses
They were also given electronic tools to help their customers manage their operations and improve profitability and herd health.