1 pkg frozen chicken breasts
1 pkg Stove Top stuffing
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1. Boil chicken until done. Remove from the bone; break into small pieces, and place in the bottom of a casserole.
2. Mix the sour cream and soup. Pour over chicken; do not stir into chicken.
3. Prepare Stove Top stuffing according to package directions, and place on top of casserole.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Linda’s Note: You can use leftover cooked chicken, cut into pieces, if you have them. Also, if you boil the chicken for the meat, save your broth and freeze it for soup, potatoes, etc.
BUTTERSCOTCH NO-BAKE BARS
1 cup name-brand peanut butter
1/4 cup shortening
12 oz pkg butterscotch chips
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup chopped nuts
4 cups miniature marshmallows
1. Melt peanut butter, shortening and butterscotch chips, and let cool.
2. Add coconut, chopped nuts and marshmallows.
3. Pour into butter 9x9-inch pan. Store, covered, in refrigerator. When mixture is set, cut into bars.
LEMON BUNDT CAKE
1 pkg lemon cake mix
1/2 cup oil
1 cup water
1. Blend ingredients for two minutes. Bake in greased bundt pan for 45 to 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
2. Cool, remove from pan. Drizzle with glaze:
1 cup powered sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
ALMOND BARK NO-BAKE COOKIES
2 lbs almond bark
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
2 cups dry roasted peanuts
2 cups miniature marshmallows
2 cups Rice Krispies
1. Melt almond bark in microwave (watch closely).
2. Blend in peanut butter.
3. Add rest of ingredients. Mix gently.
4. Drop by teaspoonsful onto wax paper-lined cookie sheets.
5. Refrigerate to set. Keep cookies refrigerated in airtight container.
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup boiling water
1. Mix all but extract together in 2-qt heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugars. Boil for about 5 minutes.
2. Add maple extract to taste. Serve, warm, on pancakes, waffles or fresh corn bread.
3, Refrigerate any leftovers.
6 hard-cooked eggs, shells removed
1 cup cider vinegar
1 cup liquid drained from canned beets
2 tbsp dry minced onion flakes
3 whole cloves
1. Spoon eggs into a jar.
2. Combine vinegar and beet juice. Slowly pour down the inside of the jar. Be sure eggs are completely covered by liquid.
3. Add onion flakes and cloves; cover tightly.
4. Refrigerate two or three days before serving.
Makes 6 servings