PORK AND BEAN SALAD
1 large can pork and beans (or 2 normal-size cans)
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped green peppers
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1. Drain the beans.
2. Mix the onions, green peppers and mayonnaise.
3. Add enough French dressing to give color. Add to the beans and mix.
4. Put in bowl, cover and chill
1 sleeve of crisp Premium soda crackers
3/4 lb slices Velveeta Cheese
2 tbsp chopped onions
4 eggs, beaten
2½ cups milk
1/2 tsp dry mustard
Dash of black pepper
1. Cover the bottom of a 8x12-inch baking dish with half of the stack pack of crackers.
2. Cover the crackers with the Velveeta slices.
3. Top with onions, and the remaining crackers.
4. Mix eggs, dry mustard and black pepper, and pour over casserole:
Set casserole aside for 30 minutes. Then preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put casserole in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with paprika and serve at once.
Variations: Cover Velveeta with a 12 oz can of drained corn or 2 tbsp chopped pimiento or 1 cup chopped ham or 1 cup canned and drained baby shrimp or 1½ cups flaked crab meat. Add 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce to crab meat liquid, top with rest of crackers and follow regular recipe.
Here is Campbell's 1989 recipes for Sloppy Joes
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can Campbell's Golden Mushroom Soup
1 tbsp ketchup
hamburger buns, split and toasted
1. In skillet, cook beef and onion until beef is browned and onion is tender; stir to separate meat. Spoon off fat.
2. Stir in soup, ketchup and pepper. Heat; stir occasionally.
3. Serve on buns.
4. Top with sliced green pepper, sliced onion and chopped tomato if desired.
5. Makes 6 servings.
Substitute 1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup and 1 tbsp. prepared mustard for Golden Mushroom Soup and ketchup.
Substitute 1 can Campbell's Cheddar Cheese Soup/Sauce for Golden Mushroom Soup and add 1/4 chopped dill pickle. Serve topped with sliced tomato and pickle slices.
Substitute 1/4 cup chopped green pepper and 1 tbsp. chili powder for chopped onion. Also substitute 1 can Campbell's Zesty Tomato Soup/Sauce and 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce for Golden Mushroom Soup and ketchup.
RIBBON FANTASY FUDGE
1981 recipe from vintage Kraft advertising
3 cups sugar
1½ sticks butter
6-oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate pieces
2/3 cup evaporated milk (5 1/3 oz.)
7-oz. jar Kraft marshmallow creme
1/2 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy style)
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Combine 1½ cups sugar, 6 tbsp. butter and 1/3 cup milk in heavy 1½ quart saucepan. Bring to full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Continue boiling 4 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
2. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate pieces until melted.
3. Add 1 cup marshmallow creme and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; beat until well blended.
4, Pour into greased 13x9-inch pan. (Personally, I line the pan with aluminum foil and grease, which makes it much easier to get the fudge out and cut nice neat pieces later.)
5. Repeat above steps, substituting peanut butter for chocolate pieces. Spread over chocolate layer.
6. Cool at room temperature; cut into squares.
Makes 3 pounds.
LINDA’S NOTE: Nice to have for the gang over for the Super Bowl (hope the Packers are playing) and also for Valentine’s Day. Store in covered container in cool, dry place or in the fridge.
TABASCO POTATO BUTTER
Old recipe from 1985 Tabasco advertising:
1/4 cup melted butter (or use softened butter at the table)
1 tsp Tabasco pepper sauce
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
2. Serve on baked potatoes.
3. Makes 1/3 cup. Refrigerate any leftovers, covered.