STRAWBERRY ANGEL FOOD
1 box angel food cake mix (one-step mix)
2 egg whites
1/3 cup strawberry soda pop (or flavor of your choice)
1. Dump the cake mix into a big bowl. Make a hole in the center of the mix. Add the 2 egg whites and the strawberry soda (you will be adding the soda instead of water in this recipe). Follow directions on the box for mixing cake. This will rise quite high and is very good.
2. Serve topped with sliced, fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
1 pkg lemon cake mix
10 oz Cool Whip, thawed
2 tsp grated lemon rind
Powdered sugar (for rolling cookies in)
1. Mix all but powdered sugar into balls, and roll about 1 inch in size.
2. Roll in the powdered sugar. Place on greased cookie sheet 1½ inches apart.
3. Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
Linda's Note: Good with any cake mix; I like strawberry and orange also.
TUNA ASPARAGUS HOT DISH
1 can tuna, drained and flaked
#2 can asparagus, drained
1 cup grated Velveeta cheese
1/2 cup chopped greed pepper
1/4 cup slivered almonds
4 oz fine noodles, cooked and drained
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup real mayonnaise
1. Heat the soups together, and add the cheese, mayonnaise, green pepper and almonds.
2. In a casserole dish, pour in four layers the tuna, asparagus, noodles and then the heated mixture.
Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
SWEET BLUEBERRY DROP BISCUITS
2 cups enriched bleached self-rising flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup shortening, chilled
2/3 cup milk or buttermilk, plus additional as needed
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (if frozen, do not thaw)
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Combine flour and sugar in a bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or two knives until crumbs are the size of peas. Blend in just enough milk with a fork until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. If needed, add more milk to form a soft dough. Gently fold in blueberries.
3. Using tablespoons, drop dough into 12 mounds onto prepared baking sheet 1 to 2 inches apart.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool two minutes.
5. Split and serve warm with butter.
Makes 12 biscuits
1 can spam, ground
2 or 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
Onion, chopped, to taste
1 tbsp diced sweet or dill pickles
1. Add enough mayonnaise or Miracle Whip to mix thoroughly.
2. Add salt and pepper.
3. Keep, covered in refrigerator till ready to make sandwiches.
HAM HOT DISH
8 oz lb cooked macaroni
4 cups cooked chopped ham
2 cans mushroom soup
1½ cans water
A little onion, sautéed till clear
1½ cups American cheese
1. Mix all the ingredients together and place in a large greased casserole; add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Sprinkle cheese on top.
3. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Serves 8 to 10