2 cups peanuts (we like the honey-roasted kind)
2 cups raisins (regular or golden ones are fine)
2 cups M&Ms
1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Distribute to snack-size plastic bags, or put in a large, covered container.
Linda’s Note: I use the snack-size zip bags for the kids, 1/4 cup for the littlest and 1/2 cup for the rest. You can add chocolate chips, white chips, Cheerios or whatever else you would like in here
CORN BREAD MIX-UP
1½ lbs lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can mixed vegetables
1 small can tomato sauce
Dash of salt and pepper
Dash of Worcestershire sauce
Dash of chili powder
1 box Jiffy-brand corn bread muffin mix
1. Brown the beef and onion in frying pan. Drain.
2, Add the mixed vegetables and the tomato sauce. Add salt, pepper, chili power and Worcestershire sauce to taste. Heat till warm.
3. Pour into casserole dish or 9x13 pan.
4. Mix the Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix per package instructions, and distribute evenly over the meat mixture.
5. Bake in preheated 400-degree oven until corn bread is done, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Linda’s Note: I use a can of peas and carrots mixed for my mixed vegetables.
1 can salmon, drained
1½ cups finely crushed cracker crumbs
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp finely chopped onion
1/4 tsp salt
1. Mix all ingredients together. Shape into balls, about the size of medium meatballs.
2. Bake in pan at 350 degrees till “set” and done.
Linda’s Note: I do mine in patties, not balls. I grease the pan first also. Could be done in greased pan as a solid dish and cut in squares to eat. This is easy to make and great with French fries and a salad for a quick meal.
2 small pkgs orange gelatin
1½ cups hot water
2 cups 7-up
4 bananas, sliced
2 cans mandarin oranges (save the juice)
1/2 cup sugar
Juice from the oranges, and enough water (if needed) to make 1 cup
2 tbsp flour
1 cup whipped cream or Cool Whip
1. Dissolve gelatin in hot water; add the 7-up. Let cool to room temperature, and then put in the refrigerator. When cooled and slightly thick, add the fruit.
2. Topping: Mix sugar and juice in saucepan; add flour and stir with wire whisk, cooking till thick. Let cool to room temperature. Add Cool Whip, and spread over chilled gelatin mixture. Top, if desired, with crushed nuts.
CORN BREAD CAKE
2 cups Bisquick, or Jiffy Brand Biscuit Mix
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
2 tbsp cornmeal
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well, but do not over mix. Batter will be lumpy.
2. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or till it tests done.
Linda's Note: Nice served with strawberry ice cream.
1½ lbs ground beef
1 small onion, chopped fine
1/4 cup green pepper, chopped fine
1/4 pkg dry onion soup mix
1/4 cup catsup
2 slices white bread, moistened
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and mix well.
2. Grease a 12-cup cupcake pan, and scoop in mixture
3. Bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Serves 4 to 6