LEMON APRICOT CAKE
1 box Lemon Supreme cake mix
1 cup apricot nectar
3/4 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
1. Mix cake mix, sugar, oil and nectar.
2. Add eggs, one at a time and beat well.
Put mixture into a greased tube pan (angel food pan, or bundt pan), and bake at 300 degrees for one hour or till it tests done.
1. Pour over cake while it is hot, a mixture of the juice of 1 lemon and 2 cups sifted powdered sugar.
2. Unmold to plate when cool enough to do so.
Two 3 oz pkgs apricot gelatin
20 oz can crushed pineapple in its own juice
3-1/2 cups sugar
4 cups grated zucchini, peeled (see Linda's Note below)
1/2 cup lemon juice
1. Boil zucchini for 10 minutes and drain.
2. Add all other ingredients, and boil another 10 minutes, stirring.
3. Pour into jars. Let cool, and put in freezer.
Linda's Note: Any flavor gelatin would work; I like the idea of Black Cherry. Also, use 2/3 cup water to start the zucchini to boiling in, as it is sometimes dry. Be sure and stir at both stages of cooking. This can be cooled and put in plastic freezer containers instead of canning jars. It can also be put in scalded jelly jars, and leave 1-inch headspace. Attach hot tops and lids and process 15 min in boiling water bath, or use paraffin and skip the boiling water process; it is up to you. Happy canning!
5 cups rhubarb, sliced
1 pkg strawberry or raspberry gelatin, dry
1 cup sugar
1/2 pkg miniature marshmallows
1 white, or yellow, cake mix
1. In a 9x13-inch greased pan, spread the rhubarb. Sprinkle the dry gelatin evenly over it. Then do the same with the sugar.
2. Add marshmallows evenly over the top.
3. Prepare cake mix per package directions, and pour over all.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes.
5. You can top with Cool Whip before serving.
Serves 12 to 15
TUNA & RICE CASSEROLE
3 cups cooked rice
2 cans tuna, drained and flaked
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
4 oz grated American cheese
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Pinch of black pepper
1. Cook rice by favorite method, drain and set aside in a casserole.
2. While your oven is heating to 350 degrees, mix together the soup and the milk, and add to the rice.
3. Gently fold in the tuna, cheese and seasonings.
4. Sprinkle paprika over the mixture, if desired.
5. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Serves 4 to 6
Linda's Note: As tuna has less ounce per can than we had a few years ago, add three cans of this if desired. I also add the juice of the cans to the milk to make the amount needed. We usually serve this with a green vegetable.
MACARONI AND CHEESE
2 cups uncooked, regular-sized elbow macaroni
8 oz shredded cheese
1-3/4 cup milk
3 eggs, beaten
1. Mix all ingredients together. Put in 2-quart casserole dish, and sprinkle with paprika.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or till golden brown.
Serves 4 to 5
HAMBURGER UPSIDE-DOWN BAKE
1 lb ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 cup ketchup
12 oz can whole kernel corn (including juice)
8 oz pkg corn muffin mix
1. Combine first five ingredients in a 10-inch skillet. Break the meat apart, and fry till done. Put meat in round casserole, and push meat evenly around the edge of the casserole, forming a ring.
2. Spread with undrained corn in center.
3. Mix corn muffin mix batter according to package directions, and pour evenly over meat and corn. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Make sure bread is done and brown.
4. Let stand five minutes; then turn upside down on platter and serve