HONEY DROP COOKIES
1/2 cup room temperature butter
1/2 cup honey
3 cups all-purpose flour (may need more)
2 eggs, beaten
Grated rind, and juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp soda
1. To the soft butter, add lemon juice and rind; the beaten eggs; honey; flour; and soda.
2. Drop by the teaspoon on greased cookie sheets and bake at 350 degrees till light brown.
Linda's Note: add extra flour if a 'test cookie' turns out too flat.
1 to 2 lbs hamburger
1 pkg egg noodles
1 can corn
2 cans tomato soup
2 cans vegetable beef, or vegetarian-vegetable soup
1. Brown the meat and drain. Cook noodles as per pkg directions.
2. Mix together the corn and soups. Put all in a large casserole or roaster.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until hot.
Linda's Note: add some diced onions to the hamburger when frying if you desire.
CHICKEN A LA CAN
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 soup can water
12 oz can boned white meat of chicken
1 soup can of Minute Rice
1 can French-fried onions
1. Combine all but onions in a 1-1/2 qt casserole. Put the onions on the top.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Linda's Note: you can use cut up or shredded cooked chicken in place of the canned.
14 oz bottle ketchup (I buy a cheap brand)
1 can Coca Cola
1 cut-up chicken
1. Brown the chicken in skillet.
2. Put chicken in Crock Pot; then cover with ketchup and coke. Cook on high for one hour and then on low till done.
3. If you use a casserole in the oven, bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Cover for the first 30 minutes.
Linda's Note: the sauce is also nice over browned pork ribs.
CRANBERRY NUT BREAD
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chopped nuts
1 can whole cranberry sauce, reserving 1/2 cup for later
2 tbsp melted shortening
3 oz. pkg cream cheese
1. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Add nuts.
2. In a bowl, mix cranberry sauce (reserving 1/2 cup for later) and shortening. Add the dry ingredients and the nuts to this mixture. Stir until just blended.
3. Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
4. Use remaining cranberry sauce to mix with cream cheese, and use as a spread for the bread.
Linda's Note: you can add 1 tsp lemon rind to the batter recipe if desired. I think orange rind would also make a good flavor.
1 loaf frozen bread dough
1-1/2 lbs hamburger
1 pkg dry spaghetti sauce mix
12 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Thaw bread dough for 90 minutes.
2. Brown hamburger, and drain off fat. Add the dry spaghetti mix, and mix into hamburger.
3. Spread the dough on floured board or countertop into a long thin rectangle. Spread cooled hamburger mixture over the dough; sprinkle cheese over all.
4. On long side, roll up like a jelly roll, and place on a cookie sheet. Put melted butter over the top and let rise 60 to 90 minutes (it depends on room temperature).
5. Bake at 375 degrees till golden brown (35 to 40 minutes).
6. Cut in slices and serve.
Linda's Note: you can add sliced mushrooms or black olives to the sauce mixture if you desire.