1 pkg jello (I like strawberry)
1 cup hot water
1 container Cool Whip, thawed
Fruit to match the jello flavor, cut up
1. Mix jello and water. Dissolve and let sit to room temp (even put in refrigerator for a few minutes to cool it some).
2. Then add the Cool Whip, and mix well. You can leave it at this, and put in pretty bowl and refrigerate till ready to serve, or, before chilling, you can add the diced fruit, and then chill.
Linda's Note: It is really good and reminds me of the 'Whip and Chill' that Betty Crocker used to make.
CHICKEN BARBECUE SAUCE
1 can tomato soup
1/2 cup vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp barbecue spice
2 tsp prepared mustard
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried minced onion
1. Mix all together. Keep warm in saucepan on the stove, or store in container in refrigerator till ready to use.
2. Baste your baking chicken pieces in 9x13-inch pan periodically with the sauce.
Linda's Note: This sauce is also good on other meats.
FAST HOT DISH
1 lb hamburger
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can baked beans (whatever size you decide on!)
1. Brown hamburger and onion in medium saucepan; drain.
2. Add baked beans. Let simmer about five minutes, and serve.
Serves 3 or 4
PEANUT BUTTER PIE
9 inch graham cracker pie crust
8 oz pkg cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 cups Cool Whip
1. Beat cream cheese and sugar till smooth.
2. Add peanut butter, and beat in well.
3. Fold in the Cool Whip. Spoon into pie shell.
4. Refrigerate till ready to serve.
8 oz can red salmon, bonned and deskinned
1 pkg frozen peas
2 cups milk
4 tbsp butter
4 tbsp flour
1. Melt butter in saucepan. Blend in flour till smooth; add some milk, and blend, over low to medium heat, till smooth. Add rest of milk, and stir over low heat till mixture thickens.
2. Cook frozen peas as directed on pkg; add to sauce.
3. Add salmon to sauce also.
4. Serve over rice, noodles or broken up pieces of toast
EASY LEMON COCONUT BARS
1 pkg angel food cake mix
2/3 cup sweetened flake coconut
1 can lemon pie filling
1. In bowl, stir dry cake mix, coconut and pie filling just until blended.
2. Pour into a ungreased 15x10-inch jelly roll pan.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes or until center is firm.
3. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, cool and cut into 12 to 15 squares.