*In regard to the fresh banana coffee cake in last week's column, one stick of butter at room temperature should be added.
SALTED NUT ROLL BARS
10 oz package peanuts, chopped
10 oz package peanut butter chips
5 tbsp. butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3 cups miniature marshmallows
1. Chop peanuts, and line the bottom of a 9-by-13 inch buttered or sprayed pan with half the nuts.
2. Melt peanut butter chips and butter in microwave.
3. Add sweetened condensed milk. Stir in marshmallows.
4. Pour mixture in pan, and press down with buttered hands.
5. Put remaining nuts on top, and press down again.
6. Let cool and cut. Store covered in a cool, dry place.
PORK LOIN MARINADE
21/2 lb pork loin
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 to 3 tbsp white vinegar
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp coarse black pepper
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp accent
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Allow pork to marinate in covered container two to three days in refrigerator.
3. Bake in a covered 2-quart casserole at 350 degrees for approximately one hour.
CROCK POT PORK CHOPS
6 pork chops
1 package ranch dressing mix
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1. Place all of the ingredients into your slow cooker.
2. Cook on low for 7-8 hours, stirring occasionally.
Serves 4 to 6
CROCK POT ORANGE CHICKEN
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup orange marmalade
1 cup honey BBQ sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
2. Place chicken pieces, marmalade, BBQ sauce and soy sauce in a slow cooker.
3. Cook on low for 4 hours.
CROCK POT PEACH COBBLER
2 (16 oz pkgs each) frozen peaches, thawed and drained
2 tsp cinnamon, divided
3/4 cup, plus 1 tbsp sugar, divided
3/4 cup flour
6 tbsp butter, cut into bits
1 tsp nutmeg
1. In a medium bowl, mix peaches, 11/2 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, and ¾ cup of sugar. Then place into crock pot.
2. Mix flour, butter, remaining sugar and cinnamon for a topping. Spread on peach mixture and cover. Cook on high for 2 hours.
3. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.