UW-Extension workshops focus on
reproductive efficiency on dairy farms
Make plans to attend a University of Wisconsin-Extension Reproducing Profitability workshop in January or February.
These solution-oriented workshops provide practical ideas that will be able to be applied immediately on a farm. UW-Extension/Madison experts will share proven methods and decision-making tools to help producers manage reproductive programs and make the right decisions.
Speakers and topics:
• Victor Cabrera - The Economic Value of Improving Reproductive Efficiency. Dr. Cabrera will explain how much profits could increase by improving the herd's reproductive efficiency.
• Paul Fricke - Update on Reproductive Research at UW-Madison. Dr. Fricke will highlight research that provides practical management strategies and assesses new reproductive technologies.
• Pat Hoffman - Dairy Heifer Management in the age of Genomics.
• Amy Stanton - Eliminating Road Blocks to Getting Your Heifers Pregnant. Dr. Stanton will discuss the impact of early calf health and rearing on fertility and time to first calving.
• Connie Cordoba - ReproMoney and How It Can Help You Increase Your Economic Returns. Dr. Cordoba will talk about this free program offered to all Wisconsin dairy farmers. She will explain how the program can help producers identify which areas of the reproductive plan are slowing down gains and help producers address each issue through an organized plan.
The workshops will be held at 18 locations. All meetings run from 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. and include the same content. During the workshop attendees will have the opportunity to enroll in ReproMoney immediately.
The registration fee for the program is $10, which includes program materials, refreshments and lunch. Make checks payable to local county agent offices.
For more information about this workshop or the ReproMoney program, contact Connie Cordoba at 608-265-9746 or email@example.com or visit the ReproMoney website at http://fyi.uwex.edu/ReproMoney.