Processed Vegetable Growers Clinic, Feb. 19
The annual Processed Vegetable Growers Clinic will be held Tuesday, Feb. 19, at the Lomira Legion Hall from 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
The program offers the opportunity for producers, processors, educators, and crop professionals to come together and discuss current issues, new technologies, and improved production practices related to processed vegetable crops.
Presented topics will include:
• Vegetable Weed Management Issues, Vince Davis, UW Extension weed management specialist;
• In Search of the Optimum Sweet Corn Plant Density, Martin Williams, USDA-ARS, University of Illinois;
• Sustainable Vegetable Production and Field to Foodbank, Jed Colquhoun, UW-Extension weed management specialist;
• Current Issues for the Processed Vegetable Industry, Nick George, president-Midwest Food Processors; Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure, Mike Stanek, Dodge County crops and soils agent;
• Selecting Cover Crops for Vegetable Rotations, Nick Schneider, Winnebago County agriculture agent; and,
• Aerial Seeding of Cover Crops, Damon Reabe, president-Reabe Spraying Service).
The cost for attending the program is $10 per person (includes lunch and materials). Pre-registration is required and can be done by contacting the Fond du Lac County UW-Extension office, 920-929-3171.
Registration and program information is also available on the internet at: www.uwex.edu/ces/crops/2013ProcVegClinic.pdf.
The program is being sponsored by the UW- Extension offices in Dodge and Fond du Lac counties, Seneca Foods, Lakeside Foods, Bonduelle, Hartung Brothers, and Badgerland Financial.