Wisconsin Farm Technology Days offered future leaders in agriculture an opportunity to earn a scholarship through volunteerism with Wisconsin's largest outdoor agriculture show.
Youth in Barron County were afforded a real-life work situation to network with their peers, community, and agribusiness leaders, all while gaining valuable skills that translate to school, work, and life.
Three ($2000, $1000 and $500) scholarships will be awarded by the Wisconsin Farm Technology Days, Inc. Board of Directors. Scholarship winners will be announced on Aug. 17.
In order to be eligible:
• Applicants must be taking post high school agriculture related training, long or short course within the University of Wisconsin System or Wisconsin Technical College System. (This includes the study of Genetics, Landscape, Architecture, Biochemistry, Bacteriology, Food Industry, Horticulture, Environment Sciences, Agriculture Journalism, and other agriculture related fields of study.)
• Candidate for the scholarships must be a Barron County or neighboring county resident and attend school in one of those counties.
• Candidate must be planning to enter their 1st or 2nd year of college at the time of application.
• Candidate must rank in the upper 50 percent of the class preferred with a grade point of 3.0. Attach high school transcript with the application.
• Candidate must have participated in the Barron County Wisconsin Farm Technology Days activities during the period of 2011-13.
Administration and awarding of scholarship will be as follows:
• Each school should forward all applications to the Wisconsin Farm Technology Days, Inc. office at 140 Agricultural Hall, 1450 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706 by Aug. 1.
• Final selection and awarding of the scholarships to be made by the Wisconsin Farm Technology Days, Inc. Executive Officers Committee.
• Scholarship funds will be awarded after completion of the first semester of college. Recipient must show proof of completing the 1st semester of college in good standing (above 2.0 GPA) and will be paid directly to the school in the name of the recipient.
for more information.