Brillion to host "Shifting Gears
For Your Later Farming Years"
Shifting Gears for You Later Farming Years, a program to help farmers plan for the future, will be held on Wednesdays, Dec. 5 and 12, from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at Cobblestone Creek, 740 Ryan Street, Brillion.
The $36 per person registration fee covers educational materials, lunches, and breaks for both days.
The two-day workshop series will help to answer the following questions:
• What do you want to do when you're not farming 24/7?
• What are my household needs and cost as I shift gears?
• How heavily will I need to rely on my farm business assets for my income?
• What off-farm investments should I consider?
• Communicating my needs and plans with other family members and farming partners.
• Estate planning needs as you shift gears.
The workshop includes local and state University of Wisconsin-Extension staff, financial planners, tax consultants, legal advisors, and a panel of farmers who have or are shifting gears.
Contact the Calumet County UW-Extension Office at 920-849-1450, ext. 5, for more information and to register. The registration deadline is Nov. 26.