Three consignments sold for over $10,000, one over $9,000, two at $6,900, one at $6,800 and three over $6,000 to help The Wisconsin Showcase Sale average $3,816 on 85 lots.
Hosted by the Wisconsin Holstein Association and held at the Great Northern Land and Cattle Co., Inc., Fond du Lac, on Monday, April 8, the Showcase Sale offered a variety of consignments, from show-aged calves and yearlings to bred heifers to cows. It showcased nearly 40 cow, which included seven Excellents and a group of recently fresh 2-year-olds.
Of the 85 lots sold, five were red Holsteins, seven were red carriers and two were polled.
According to the Wisconsin Holstein Association, eight lots had 95- and 96-point dams with a total of 42 lots backed by Excellent dams. In addition, five lots had granddams scored 95, 96 or 97 points and 51 of them had Excellent granddams. Animals were sold to five different states besides Wisconsin, including Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois and Pennsylvania.
Topping the sale at $12,500 was a December Sid daughter out of Siemers Alisha Gold-ETS EX-95 2E, consigned by Crystal Siemers-Peterman, Newton, and purchased by Nicholas Koenig, Cleveland.
Ava's list of accomplishments are endless:
• Grand Champion Wisconsin Championship Junior Show 2012
• All-Wisconsin 125,000 lb. Cow 2012
• Junior All-Wisconsin 125,000 lb. Cow 2012
• Junior All-American 125,000 lb. Cow 2012
• Honorable Mention All-American 125,000 lb. Cow 2012
• 1st 125,000 lb. Cow International Jr Holstein Show 2012
• 3rd 125,000 lb. Cow International Holstein Show 2012
• Champion Bred & Owned Wisconsin Championship Show 2012
• Nominated All-American 5 Year Old 2011
• Reserve. Junior All-American 5 Year Old 2011
• 5th 5 Year Old International Show 2011
• Junior All-American 4 Year Old 2010
• Nominated All-American Jr. 2 Year Old 2008
• Junior All-American Jr. 2 Year Old 2008
• Nominated All-American Spring Yearling 2007
• Honorable Mention All-American Spring Heifer Calf 2006
In Ava's pedigree is the renowned Tri-Day Ashlyn-ET, the Supreme Champion of World Dairy Expo in 2001.
Ava combines this show-winning record with production, as she produced over 56,000 pounds as a 5-year-old on two-time-a-day milking, averaging a 4.1 percent fat and 3.5 percent protein test.
An added entry from Budjon Farms and Joel Kietzman, Lomira became the second-high seller of the day at $12,200.
Purchased by Lindsey Sarbacker, Edgerton, this December Damion daughter is out of Rolling-Spring G Escence-ET EX-95 2E, then seven more Excellent dams out of the well-known Elegance family.
Escence was the sixth-place 5-year-old in a very competitive class at the 2011 International Holstein Show at World Dairy Expo. She was also grand champion of the Midwest Spring National in 2010, and later went on to finish 4th in the 4-year-old class at Expo.
A 5-year-old Goldwyn daughter who was just raised in score to EX-92, rounded out the top three sellers. Consigned by Robert and Sherry Gates, Poy Sippi, Gateway-Acres Gold Idella, sold for $10,000 to Don and Holly Thompson, Plainview, MN.
As a 3-year-old, Idella completed a 365-day record in 2x of 35,540 pounds of milk, 1,351 pounds of fat and 1,111 pounds of protein. Fresh since December, she was still milking nearly 140 pounds of milk. Idella completes five generations of Very Good and Excellent cows.
For more information, contact Larry Nelson at the Wisconsin Holstein office, 800-223-4269 or email@example.com
or Paula Bovre at the Great Northern, at 920-923-6991 or firstname.lastname@example.org.